2024.05.10 (금)

Winning the grand prize at the Korean Traditional Music Contest in America,
  • 해당된 기사를 공유합니다

Winning the grand prize at the Korean Traditional Music Contest in America,

• 편집부
  • 등록 2022.11.02 11:11
  • 조회수 9,109

KakaoTalk_20221102_142638911.jpg
[국악신문] 제9회 미주한국국악경연대회 수상자 (왼쪽부터) 종합대상 수상한 크리스탈 허, 박창규 대회장, 종합 차상 수상한 나진영. (장소:미국 LA 헐리우드 반스달극장) 2022.10.29.

I am greatly honored and grateful to have received the highest award.

When I first encountered the dance called "Taepyeongmu", I was in a rush to memorize the sequence and to mimic the movements since this traditional dance was at times not fun to practice as a teenager. However, as I continued to practice over and over again, my understanding deepened so I did my best to express each movement with sincerity rather than to perfect each move just to impress others. 

"Taepyeongmu" is a traditional dance embodying the true beauty of Korea, which I believe is one of the most unique dance in the world. Therefore, it is my goal to spread the beauty of our culture in the U.S. through the traditional dance "Taepyeongmu".

Finally, I would like to express my gratitude to the director of KAYPA (Jae Eun Lee) who worked day and night to support me.

미주한국국악경연대회 대상 수상, 크리스탈 허, 수상소감
제9회 미주한국국악경연대회에서 종합 대상이라는 생각하지도 못한 큰 상을 받게되어 매우 뜻밖이고, 놀랍고, 너무 기쁩니다. 

제가 '태평무' 라는 춤을 처음 접할때에는 순서 외우기에 급급했고, 동작을 훙내 낼려고만 했었고, 전통 춤이라 어린 나이에 추기에는 너무 지루 했었습니다. 그러나 계속 연습을 반복반복하면서 인위적인 꾸밈으로 표현되는 것이 아닌, 마음에서 저절로 우러 나오는 것을 몸으로 표현 할려고 노력을 많이 했습니다.

'태평무'는 한국 고유의 전통을 그대로 보여주는 '세계 속의 춤'이라 생각하고 제가 한국이 아닌 미국에서 태평무라는 전통춤을 통해 앞으로 우리 문화의 아름다움을 널리 알리고픈 마음이 매우 큽니다. 

마지막으로 저를 이런 큰상까지 받게 열심히 지도해 주신 KAYPA 단장님 (이 재은)께 감사의 말씀을 드립니다.